Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What I've Been Up To, And A Little Bit About Socks

Yes, I've been MIA in the blogosphere lately. While I may not think this is a big deal, there have been others *cough* John *cough* that ridicule me for not posting more regularly.
So to catch you all up on my running and running-related things these past days, I've compiled a list of "highlights" (if you can even call them that):

1. I've decided to run the "Better Half" Half-marathon on March 20. This will be my first official race of sorts, so we'll see how that goes. I'm sure training for this puppy will inspire many posts so.. stay tuned.

2. I managed to run more this past week than usual (5/7 days). I attribute this to the need to combat stress from just being alive during the Christmas season.

3. I ran on Santa Fe trail for the first time last Saturday with the CRC "Herizons" running group (which consisted of Jess, Jillian, Chelsea, and Linda) It was a bit chilly, and I forgot my hat. This resulted in me having to run with my hair down (for a little ear-insulation), which in turn resulted in me looking like Mufasa from the Lion King for the entire run. Lesson learned.

4. We also did a Christmas light run last Thursday night which was a blast. We started around 7 and got back around 8:30... The huge trees on Wood Ave. were AWESOME- go see them if you can.

5. Last but not least, I must announce that I am indeed the "Sock Lady" at CRC now. If you're confused by this announcement, read this
The sock wall is my canvas, and I am sock Van Gogh.
I think I'll go chop off my ear now.


And there you go. You're all caught-up.

I'll try my best to keep things more current around here from now on... :)

2 comments:

  1. Mufasa...hahah...hilar Madster, I totally cracked up. And a blog list...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa got me a pair of your socks. The "beer:30" ones!

    ReplyDelete