Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jill's Cat Wore A Tie

I messed up my foot sledding on Monday.
Boo hoo.

I took most of the week off to think about what I'd done (a running time-out if you will) and decided that today I could come out of the "naughty corner" and try my foot out again.

So far so good...
Aside from a little bit of aching, my foot did fine and I busted out a solid 50 minutes with the girls.

Today's run was from Jill's house along the railroad tracks to Sinton Trail and back.
Not exactly Bear Creek scenery, but the weather was nice, and I got to see a homeless camp. Sweet.

The rest of the morning was spent at Jill's house brunching, talking about our feelings, and participating in a "Secret Santa" gift exchange.

We laughed, we cried, Jane wore knee-high Christmas socks, and Jill's cat wore a tie.

friends+running+dressed up pets+homeless camp+brunchy food+christmas socks+jill's house= Epic Christmas Bonanza

4 comments:

  1. To think about what you had done, that is classic. I didn't know you saw a homeless camp...did you guys go south on the trail then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I showed Greg (our NB rep) your blog..figured he'd like the black and white pic, and he did:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprised at a homeless camp in Colorado Springs? Basically all of the Santa Fe trail between Bijou and wal-mart has tents now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your foot is feeling better. Loved your apron. :)

    ReplyDelete