Monday, December 7, 2009

Bear Creek



Recently, I've made the lifestyle choice of ignoring any and all weather prediction. Some may call this reckless, but I don't find that the weatherman is all that accurate... plus I enjoy the added element of mystery in my life.

That being said, I was genuinely surprised when I looked out my window on Sunday morning and found 4 inches of snow covering the yard.
I'm usually excited about snow, but I wasn't feeling too enthusiastic about it this time. Why? Because it was Sunday, the long run day.

This particular time, the run would be at Bear Creek park.
I've been to Bear Creek many times previously for things like picnics and wedding receptions, but events like those were always held in the easily accessible portions of the park. Today's run would take us behind-the-scenes, to places where public access was not so simple and care-free. I was ready... until I saw the snow out my window.

Upon arrival at the Nature Center parking lot, I found myself filled with skepticism. It was 15 degrees, snowing, and we had already been flipped-off by a disgruntled street-jogger (you know who you are).

Against my better judgement, I hopped out of the car.

After greetings and the weekly group picture (thanks to Jillian), we all began our assault on the snowy trail.



Staci and I went out to the dog park and back, deciding that that was enough for the day. It was so beautiful out, and I wasn't nearly as cold as I'd anticipated... but somehow that wasn't enough to persuade me to stay out longer.

Despite the weather, it was one of my favorite runs to date:
gorgeous scenery, lots of laughs, and an obscene hand gesture.

Win-Win-Win.

1 comment:

  1. hahah...disgruntled jogger...tehe. Love your writing mads...crack me up! Your first true snow run- whohoo!!

    ReplyDelete